+ Service Director, Events & Experiential
Forefront is an experiential and entertainment agency based out of Austin, Texas with access to a distinct portfolio of live, virtual and hybrid event platforms collectively designed to build connections between brands and their audiences. We concept and execute a range of experiences that vary in size, scale, budget, and audience. We deliver on the goals of our clients; whether focusing on the brand, the guests, or both.
Forefront is looking for a client-facing Service Delivery Director to join our growing team. This role is a senior-level producer who will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of exceptional event and experiential services to our clients as well as internal business lines. This role will play a crucial part in managing the service team, setting and achieving service goals, meeting and exceeding planned budgets, and continuously improving processes to enhance client satisfaction. This position must demonstrate strategic thinking, fiscal responsibility, excellent management skills and a passion for delivering outstanding customer experiences.
General Responsibilities include:
Leadership and Team Management
- Lead, coach, and develop a high-performing service team (cross functional and contract network) to deliver exceptional service.
- Set clear performance expectations and provide regular feedback to team members.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment that encourages teamwork, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Identify training and development needs for team members and coordinate appropriate training programs.
Service Strategy and Planning
- Develop and implement a comprehensive service strategy aligned with Forefront’s goals and objectives.
- Define service standards, policies, and procedures to ensure consistent and high-quality service delivery.
- Analyze client feedback and market trends to identify areas for improvement and develop strategies for enhancing the service experience.
Client & Vendor Relationship Management
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Main point of contact for the client acting as a trusted advisor to ensure events/activations meet objectives.
- Work with the internal team and suppliers to bring client concepts to life.
- Collaborate with sales and account management teams to ensure seamless coordination and communication regarding customer needs, expectations, and feedback.
- Proactively address client concerns or escalations, providing timely and effective solutions.
- Collaborate with major internal and external partners, including creative partners, to guarantee production guidelines are followed for key deliverables.
- Coordinate and negotiate with vendors for all events which includes sourcing and managing production companies, agencies and vendors to ensure they are meeting the specific guidelines we outline for the event (strategy, creative, budget, etc.
Service Performance and Metrics
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate service performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Analyze service data and generate reports to track progress, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions.
- Develop and implement initiatives to improve service efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance client satisfaction.
Continuous Process Improvement
- Continuously evaluate and refine service processes to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement appropriate technology solutions to streamline service operations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of service processes with other departments.
- Identify process inefficiencies and bottlenecks within the service department and work to create & implement solutions.
Project Planning – Scope, Schedule, and Budget
- Work across a range of projects and accounts, acting as the lead for several hybrid, digital, and live events from initial concept through completion.
- Identify project scopes, define milestones, and simplify complex processes that support the project management and work-flow systems to deliver on deadlines.
- Estimate project budgets, considering resource requirements, hard costs, and potential risks and contingencies.
- Own delivery project plans by drafting timeline, budget, scope of work, staff plan, on-site experience and flow of each event, etc., and collaborate with internal partners to define processes necessary to accomplish milestones.
Resource Planning and Management
- Assess resource requirements for projects, considering skills, availability, and capacity.
- Allocate resources effectively, ensuring optimal utilization and balance across projects.
- Coordinate with service managers to ensure availability of required resources.
- Monitor resource workload and adjust to prevent overallocation or bottlenecks.
- Evaluate the Time reports to find future efficiency opportunities (and cost reduction)
- Oversee project execution, ensuring adherence to timelines, milestones, and deliverables.
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration among project teams, stakeholders, and clients.
- Mitigate risks and resolve project-related issues to ensure successful project completion.
- Provide regular project status updates and reports to stakeholders.
- Develop and manage project budgets, tracking expenses, and ensuring cost control.
- Monitor budget variances, analyze financial data, and take corrective actions as required.
- Collaborate with finance and accounting teams to ensure accurate financial reporting in real time and keep the general manager and finance team updated on any material potential changes to the expense plan.
- Provide recommendations for cost-saving measures without compromising project quality.
- Identify procurement needs for projects, considering cost, quality, and project requirements.
- Develop procurement strategies and vendor selection criteria.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with suppliers to obtain favorable terms and pricing.
- Monitor supplier performance and manage vendor relationships.
Looking for candidates who have:
- 7+ years of live event management experience
- Agency background a plus but not required
- Managed program budgets of $1MM+
- Managed production teams both in person and remotely
- Strong negotiation skills when looking for the best price for rentals, suppliers and contractors
- Expert skills in Excel and PowerPoint, and proficient with Google docs
- Proficiency with 2D and 3D CAD/Design software
- Build/fabrication experience
Forefront is looking for a leader and a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, someone who says yes more than no. Multiple assignments in process at one time is the norm and fast turnover is often a requirement meaning that organization and a keen eye for detail are mandatory. A creative person at heart with the right level of practicality will succeed in this role. Forefront believes that “Best is Standard” and contributing positively to that existing culture is key.