+ Event Program Manager
Forefront is looking for a passionate and experienced events program manager to help plan and execute live and virtual events. This role requires excellent and detailed event-planning skills along with the ability to define project milestones and deadlines and coordinate with both internal teams and external contractors.
The ideal candidate can balance creativity with logistics, finance planning, and vendor management duties. They should excel at multitasking and balancing big picture concerns like venue and contractor selection with details like decor and meal planning, effectively utilizing resources and personnel to stage large-scale and intimate VIP live and virtual events.
The Forefront Events Program Manager will work on various programs within the company events portfolio. For 2021, that includes Live In The Vineyard (LITV) and Live In The Vineyard Goes Country (LITVGC) in Napa Valley, California, Keep Austin Weird Day, the Austin Trail of Lights and potentially other events throughout the United States.
This person must be detail oriented, thrive under pressure, have exceptional written and verbal communications skills and be a self starter. This person must also have a passion for people and customer service with a knack for hospitality providing meticulous care, attention, and service.
- Supporting the brainstorming of event concepts and themes
- Organizing and managing every aspect of an assigned event or program
- Creating event or program timelines and understanding the dependencies for each goal
- Staffing an event or program team appropriately
- Manage team members assigned to completing tasks and deliverables
- Mapping out and ensuring the best possible customer journey from beginning to end
- Anticipating attendee needs and making preparations against potential risk
- Preparing and managing event budgets
- Researching and booking venues
- Organizing suppliers, caterers, staff, and entertainment
- Managing set-up, tear-down, and clean-up operations.
- Maintain smooth communication and workflow internally and externally
- Utilizing all adopted project management tools and processes
- Creating and and expressing written plans such as run of shows, timelines, contact sheets, load in and out documents, emergency plans, etc
- Utilizing adopted project management tools and processes
- Providing weekly updates on accomplishments, obstacles and priorities
- Developing post-event reports on the effectiveness of each program
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of live event experience
- Experience in live large-scale and intimate VIP events
- Ability to execute multi-day, multi-event experiences
- Ability to engage and activate remote teams across multiple departments
- Familiarity with hospitality services - lodging, travel, and transportation
- Expertise programming multiple thematics
- Familiar with virtual event programming and execution
- Firm business understanding, financial acumen and alignment to business objectives
- Stellar presentation, problem-solving and project-management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills when looking for the best price from venues, suppliers and contractors
- Time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving skills and diplomacy
- Understanding of event promotion and sponsorship
- Proactive, flexible and target-driven
- Proficiency with google sheets and excel required
- Able and willing to support load in and out during events by lifting and moving products and light infrastructure (boxes, tables, chairs, etc)
- Willing to travel and work holidays, nights and weekends
Forefront is looking for a leader and a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, someone who says yes more than no. Multiple assignments in process at one time is the norm and fast turnover is often a requirement meaning that organization and a keen eye for detail are mandatory.
A creative person at heart with the right level of practicality will succeed in this role. Forefront believes that “Best is Standard” and contributing positively to that existing culture is key.