+ Creative Department: Mid-Level Art Director
Forefront Networks is an independent agency based in Austin that specializes in large-scale public events, exclusive private events and activation concepting, design and execution. Beautifully showcasing brands is our passion. We firmly believe that experiences build connections and forge community. We care deeply about creating experiences that move people and businesses and set the bar for everyone else.
- Development and execution of a broad range of creative asks ranging from logo design, brand guides, digital needs and merchandise where necessary.
- Responsible for the daily creative execution of projects including new design, reviewing projects, incorporating comments, and ensuring consistency across project materials
- Ensure projects are on time and meet the highest standards of design excellence
- Understand brand strategies and how the assets created help solve client’s business challenges
- Present creative work to clients, referencing brand strategies
- Work on project execution, guide installers, attend photo/video shoots (as opportunities present); engage with photographers, illustrators in a supervisor support role
- Work collaboratively with all cross-functional team members including Experiential and Event Producers, Account Management and Marketing
- Support new business efforts and/or conceptual work
- Help to manage freelancers, and more junior team members
- Create experience concepts that meet business goals and deliver on insights in an unexpected way
- Ability to clearly explain your creative ideas using a variety of methods (sketching, Photoshop, photography, illustration, etc.)
- Remain up-to-date with new ideas, techniques and styles within the industry and from other avenues of inspiration
- An amazing portfolio that showcases experience across a variety of projects that range from graphic design, branding, conceptual chops, spatial design and some digital.
- 7 -10 years experience in either graphic design, advertising or experiential design.
- Conceptual thinking at both the insight and executional levels
- Strong skills in the Adobe Design Suite of programs, especially in Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Bonus points for skill with SketchUp or AfterEffects but not necessary
- Comfortable with MS Office and Google Slides
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborates easily across multiple disciplines
- Position based in Austin, but open to remote
- Available to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Good at taking the initiative
- Ready to lend a hand when needed on a small team of do-ers.
- Is solution-obsessed; can handle set-backs with composure and is able to change direction quickly when called for
- Excellence with communication across departments, with vendors, and with clients
- Great at anticipating deadlines and taking steps to effectively deliver on-time