+ Business Controller
We are seeking an experienced controller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including accounting operations including development of internal control policies and procedures, regulatory and financial reporting, financial planning (plans, forecasts and budgets), finance operations (AR, AP, Payroll), client contract negotiations and administration, treasury management, legal, risk management, medical insurance and employee benefits, information systems, facilities and office administration.
This role will oversee the general business finance and administration responsibilities and closely work with all departments and report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. An ideal candidate will possess excellent planning and execution abilities to direct the back-office operations for this dynamic, experiential company and be an operator who is not afraid to a roll-up-his/her-sleeves to deliver measurable results.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare financial planning and analysis (plans, forecasts and budgets)
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel,
- Manage all general ledger accounting
- Manage month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process
- Research revenue recognition practices and technical accounting issues for compliance
- Direct the preparation of the budget and report variances
- Publish timely financial statements
- Oversee the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Oversee employee administrations and payroll
Additional responsibilities include risk management, medical insurance and employee benefits, banking and creditor relationships and treasury transactions, legal, information systems, facilities and office administration.
Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years industry related experience
- Direct experience required with managing stated job responsibilities
- Master’s degree (preferably in accounting) and CPA
- Quickbooks On-Line experience required
- Microsoft Office skills, Microsoft Excel required
- Knowledgeable of Office 365 and Google tools preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical/problem solving skills for multiple projects
- Proactive solution seeker mentality
- Self-motivated and commit to putting in extra effort with a positive attitude
- Demonstrates integrity in day-to-day operations and interactions
- Flexible in handling change, able to juggle multiple demands, and adaptable to new situations with fresh ideas or innovative approaches
- Flexible in work hours and availability, especially during major projects
- Ability to travel to various events and support the event team if needed
Forefront is looking for a leader and a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, someone who says yes more than no. Multiple assignments in process at one time is the norm, and fast turnover is often a requirement, meaning that organization and a keen eye for detail are mandatory. A creative person at heart with the right level of practicality will succeed in this role. Forefront believes that “Best is Standard” and contributing positively to that existing culture is key.
What do we have to offer?
- Work with the best of the best
- A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
- Competitive salaries plus incentive programs
- Generous PTO and Holiday policy
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free parking
- 100% coverage of employee
- Promote from within philosophy
- Volunteer program
Forefront Networks is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.